[CMake] Problem with FindwxWidgets.cmake

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 19:49:09 EST 2009

Hi,

I'm currently using CMake 2.6.2 and the FindwxWidgets.cmake module that
comes pre-packaged with the installation doesn't seem to properly work on
windows. I set CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH so that it would be able to find the
wxWidgets in a custom location. It does find wxWidgets_ROOT_DIR, but does
not find wxWidgets_LIB_DIR. We are using a unicode build of wxWidgets on
Windows, and our lib directory looks like:

${wxWidgets_ROOT_DIR}/lib/mswu/wx/setup.h

However, look at this snippet of code from FindwxWidgets.cmake:

      FIND_PATH(wxWidgets_LIB_DIR
        NAMES msw/build.cfg mswd/build.cfg
        PATHS
        ${WX_ROOT_DIR}/lib/${WX_LIB_DIR_PREFIX}_dll   # prefer shared
        ${WX_ROOT_DIR}/lib/${WX_LIB_DIR_PREFIX}_lib
        DOC "Path to wxWidgets libraries?"
        NO_DEFAULT_PATH
        )

Notice it is only checking in "msw" and not "mswu". Also, I do not have a
build.cfg file (I only keep relevant files inside my wxWidgets directory).
This file is enormous and complex, so I'm not even sure if this code is even
being used or if it matters.

The output I'm getting from the GUI CMake tool is:

CMake Error at C:/Program Files/CMake
2.6/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:57
(MESSAGE):

Could NOT find wxWidgets (missing: wxWidgets_FOUND)

Call Stack (most recent call first):

C:/Program Files/CMake 2.6/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/FindwxWidgets.cmake:765
(FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)

tools/tile_editor/CMakeLists.txt:1 (find_package)

Can anyone help me figure out what is going on? This thing *should* be
simple to use! Thanks.