[CMake] test executable failing only when run in ctest

Matthew Leotta matt.leotta at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 14:18:30 EST 2009

Brad,

   Thanks, but I'm not sure if I completely understand your
suggestion.  Let me clarify.  If I run the test executable

./bvxm_test_all

I get no errors and no segfault.  I know how to debug this, but there
is nothing to debug.  If in the same directory I run

ctest

then the test will segfault.  Even stranger, on some platforms the
test passes, but when I run in ctest it fails (produces the wrong
values) but does not segfault.  On some other platforms everything
seems to work both with and without ctest.

I'm actually running only the specific test that fails (the 5th one)
with

./bvxm_test_all test_amp_processors

or

ctest -V -I 5,5

but the results are the same.  When I try to debug ctest I never hit
breakpoints in bvxm_test_all because ctest spawns off a separate
process for bvxm_test_all, and gdb is attached to ctest.  I'm not much
of an expert on using gdb from the command line, I usually debug with
an IDE front end (XCode or KDevelop).

--Matt