[CMake] Will CMP0003 OLD become deprecated?

Adolfo Rodríguez dofo79 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 12:21:04 EST 2009

Hi all,

I am currently migrating a project to CMake, and have been linking targets
to project libraries using full paths (i.e., embracing the NEW CMP0003
policy of CMake >= 2.6). However, my co-workers are reluctant to embrace
this because the old CMP0003 policy has not yet yielded incorrect results,
and because of the extra hassle of specifying full paths or
link_directories(...) . So, I wanted to ask this list if in the (probably
distant) future the old behavior will be deprecated. This would serve as an
extra leverage to support the adoption of the NEW CMP0003 style.

Thanks in advance,

Adolfo Rodríguez Tsouroukdissian.