[CMake] Using Eclipse CDT, CMake resets Eclipse project configuration frequently

Jonatan Bijl jonatan.bijl at tba.nl
Mon Jan 26 06:24:13 EST 2009

Hi,

I have created an out-of-source build tree (on Windows), with the
installation directory as a subfolder of the build trees. The idea is
that the compiled binary requires some DLL's, images, 3D models and
configuration files, at a location relative to the executable. If the
files are changed, they will be copied from the source tree to the
installation tree again. Therefore, I need to run "make install all"
before running the executable. Because of the executable's dependency on
the other files, I always want to build and install. (I don't expect a
built file to work in itself because it won't be able to find the
required files)

However, sometimes the project settings are reset (I guess they are
re-generated by cmake), so that I have to manually set it to do "make
install all" again instead of "make all".

Does anyone know a way to enforce the install after every build?

Or does anyone know a better way to make sure all the required files are
updated from the src to the build tree if necessary?

My layout is as follows:

Src                               Source code directory tree

Debug                          Debug-configured CDT project, which links
to the src

Debug/installation         Installation directory (all required files,
dlls and binaries are copied here)

Release                        Release-configured CDT project, which
links to the src

Release/installation       Installation directory (all required files,
dlls and binaries are copied here)

Jonatan

This e-mail is intended exclusively for the addressee. If you
are not the addressee you must not read, copy, use or
disclose the e-mail nor the content; please notify us
immediately [by clicking 'Reply'] and delete this e-mail.