[CMake] Executable project creating an import library

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 22:20:30 EST 2009

Hi,

I've specified a very complex CMake script that generates an executable
project. When I use this CMake script to generate a Visual Studio 2008
project, the "Import Library" property located in Project Settings >> Linker
>> Advanced property page in Visual Studio 2008 has a value, specifically
the absolute path to the LIB file that will be generated. I have no idea why
this value is being filled in when I specifically called CMake's
add_executable() on this project.

I realize I'm being very vague here, however my CMake scripts are so complex
that I would only confuse the hell out of everybody if I paste everything
here. I'm not sure specifically what area of the CMake logic the community
would be interested in. If someone could maybe reply with some speculations
as to what the issue could be as well as some requests for specific parts of
what I'm doing in CMake I'd appreciate it. I'm willing to post whatever
snippets I can to "help you help me", just let me know what I can give you.
I don't want to overwhelm anyone with unnecessary complexity.

Thanks!