[CMake] cpack bundle generator qq

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Fri Jan 16 11:10:18 EST 2009

I would recommend modifying the existing bundle generator to keep its
current behavior for backwards compatibility *and* add to its behavior such
that it can produce a drag-n-drop installer for your "make install" tree.

If that proves too difficult in terms of coding or seems otherwise
unadvisable.... then I would say we should add a new "drag-n-drop bundle
generator" to CPack that does the "/Applications" shortcut thing and places
either a single folder of your make install tree or the contents of your
make install tree next to the /Applications shortcut.

Seems like that might be a good solution.

Anybody have time to work on such modifications / new class?

David

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 11:01 AM, Clinton Stimpson <clinton at elemtech.com>wrote:

> Michael Jackson wrote:

>>> I think it makes sense, personally, but the Bundle generator doesn't
>>> support
>>> it. If you wanted to do it that way I guess I'd add component support