[CMake] cpack bundle generator qq

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Fri Jan 16 10:27:27 EST 2009

On Jan 16, 2009, at 10:06 AM, Mike Arthur wrote:

> On Friday 16 January 2009 15:05:55 Clinton Stimpson wrote:
>> Another question, can I have the bundle generator make another sub
>> folder, then I put two .app bundles in there, then when the user
>> opens
>> the dmg, they see one folder they can drag to their /Applications
>> which
>> contains multiple .app's.  But there's still the problem of
>> specifying
>> different plist, icons, etc... from global variables instead of just
>> using the ones I already set on the executables.
>>
>> Or does it not make sense to create installers like this?
> I think it makes sense, personally, but the Bundle generator doesn't
> support
> it. If you wanted to do it that way I guess I'd add component
> support (like
> the PackageMaker/NSIS installers support) to the Bundle generator.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Mike Arthur
> http://mikearthur.co.uk/

You may end up having to create a shell script to create your
distribution. Have CMake configure the shell script appropriately and
then have CMake run the shell script to move everything into the
proper location when CPack runs.

Also, yes, on OS X this is the preferred way to make an "installer"
with multiple Applications. Create a Top level folder and then all
your individual apps go in that folder. The user can then just drag
the top level folder to where ever it is they want it installed.

HTH
---
Mike Jackson                 www.bluequartz.net