[CMake] cpack bundle generator qq

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Fri Jan 16 10:05:55 EST 2009

Mike Arthur wrote:
> On Thursday 15 January 2009 20:25:46 Clinton Stimpson wrote:
>
>> Or are these bundles only supposed to have one application?
>>
> Correct, an .app bundle can have other executables inside but 99% of users
> will never find them because double-clicking on the .app bundle will just run
> the assigned startup command.

Maybe I wasn't clear.  When I run the CPack bundle generator, I get a
folder.  In that folder is a soft link to /Applications, and a .app
bundle.  I wanted to know if I could put a second .app bundle in the
same folder.  But the variables for making those .app bundles are global
instead of per executable.

Another question, can I have the bundle generator make another sub
folder, then I put two .app bundles in there, then when the user opens
the dmg, they see one folder they can drag to their /Applications which
contains multiple .app's.  But there's still the problem of specifying
different plist, icons, etc... from global variables instead of just
using the ones I already set on the executables.

Or does it not make sense to create installers like this?

Clint