[CMake] Having difficulty with find_library()

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 01:29:53 EST 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 11:23 PM, Michael Jackson <
mike.jackson at bluequartz.net> wrote:

> I would try the following just to make sure it will find the library:
>
> find_library(TBB_LIBRARY
>            NAMES tbb
>            PATHS <tbb_rootdirectory>/ai32/vc9/lib )
>
> Substitute the proper full path for <tbb_rootdirectory> in the path above.
>
> Run CMake and see if the TBB_LIBRARY gets found. If it does get found by
> CMake then start breaking the path into parts based on which compiler is
> being used.

Interesting. It fails when I do this:

find_library( TBB_LIBRARY NAMES tbb PATHS
C:/IT/work/planb/third_party/tbb/21_20080605oss/ai32/vc9/lib )

This is exactly what you asked me to do I believe.

BTW - TBB is a Framework on OS X, just in case you plan to use it or release
> the FindTBB.cmake file to the community (if you are allowed).

I'm not sure what a framework is in CMake nor how to handle them. I have yet
to investigate & learn about this. I eventually do plan to release this to
the community, however I have a lot of learning left to do. I want to make
sure this find module works perfectly.