[CMake] Linking object files into executable target

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Sun Jan 11 11:06:02 EST 2009

On Wednesday 10 December 2008, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 December 2008, Colin D Bennett wrote:
> > On Tue, 9 Dec 2008 22:26:11 -0800
> >
> > Colin D Bennett <colin at gibibit.com> wrote:
> > > The problem is that CMake is *silently* ignoring the request to link
> > > the object file into the executable target with ADD_EXECUTABLE().
> >
> > I forgot to include the CMake/SDCC toolchain file I'm using, which
> > might be of help:
>
> I think we should try to get the assembler working as assembler. I.e.
> enable_language(ASM...)
> I will have a closer look in the next days.
> You can have a look at the other assembler support files in CMake/Modules/.
> I guess we'll have to create a ASM_SDCC "language".

Finally I took the time to write some documentation about how the assembler
support in cmake works:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake/Assembler

I think you should create an assembler "dialect" for sdcc, which handles
assembler files appropriately.

Please let me know if that helps, if there are things unclear or missing on
the wiki page etc.

Bye
Alex