[CMake] CPack Bundle Generator easily hits hdiutil MNAMELEN limit

Mike Arthur mike at mikearthur.co.uk
Wed Jan 7 13:15:21 EST 2009

From the hdiutil manpage:
-mountroot path	mount volumes in path instead of in /Volumes.  path must
exist.  Note that mountpoint paths must be less than MNAMELEN characters (90
as of this writing).

This limit is easily hit by the mounting of the temporary dmg (tmp.dmg) in the
Bundle Generator and causes it to fail.

May I suggest that, instead of mounting into ./_CPack_Packages/OSX-
Universal/Bundle/mnt/ instead /tmp/cpackmnt/ is used instead or the mountpoint
parameter omitted and the Volumes mountpoint is used instead?

I can write a patch if necessary but it should be a trivial fix (if agreed).
--
Cheers,
Mike Arthur