[CMake] linking cmake targets to cpack targets

Aaron Turner synfinatic at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 01:51:51 EST 2009

When I was using autotools, I'd hook up a target "version" to
"dist-gzip" so that my version.c (which was auto-generated and had my
svn repo revision in it) was always up to date when I built my source
tarball.  Is there a way to do that with cpack's package_source
target?

Doing the obvious:

add_dependencies(package_source version)

Doesn't work since I'm guessing package_source is another one of those
"fake" targets.  Unfortunately, since package_source doesn't depend on
the ALL target, I can't hook it up that way nor does there seem to be
anything like a CPACK_SOURCE_INCLUDE_FILES (which would be the
opposite of CPACK_SOURCE_IGNORE_FILES).

--
Aaron Turner
http://synfin.net/