[CMake] CDT Unix make file

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Thu Feb 19 19:48:01 EST 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 6:30 PM, Dat Chu <dattanchu at gmail.com> wrote:

> So I got my Eclipse CDT project imported just like the wiki said. I
> can build it just fine (which is great). But when I build the project,
> the binary is not added to my Eclipse project. Thus I cannot run it
> and have the output inside Eclipse Console tab.
>
> I have to a terminal, navigate to the project build folder and
> manually type the command to run. Am I missing something?

Make sure any executables you're generating are not exactly the same as your
PROJECT() or a directory in your project otherwise you'll run into this bug:

If that's not the case make sure you're creating a build directory
completely outside of the source directory:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/Eclipse_CDT4_Generator
like so:
/home/user/project/CMakeLists.txt => source tree
/home/user/project.build/ => build tree

--
Philip Lowman