[CMake] CMake not honoring ENV variable with MSYS

Mike Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Fri Feb 13 11:55:24 EST 2009

Not really sure if this is a CMake issue or and MSYS issue or "operator
error" BUT when I run cmake -G "MSYS Makefiles" from an msys shell to
configure my project there is one environment variable that is NOT being
honored.
   The variable (MXADataModel_INSTALL) is defined in the "My
Computer->Properties->.... " where I have it defined to
C:\Developer\VS9\MXADataModel. Now, in my .bash_profile I redefine it to
  /c/Developer/GCC/MXADataModel.
    When I run cmake on my project I still get the "VS9" path. I have
several other variables defined the same way (EXPAT, TIFF, HDF5,
QT-4.4.3) and all those variables are over-ridden correctly and all
those variables will use the "GCC" path instead of the "VS9" path when
in an MSYS shell.
    I have checked the spelling, rewritten the .bash_profile a few
different ways. I just don't "see" where I am screwing up for this one
variable.
   Any help or places to look in my configurations would be helpful and
very much appreciated.

Thanks
Mike Jackson