[CMake] how to use qt4_wrap_cpp

Tyler Roscoe tyler at cryptio.net
Tue Feb 3 14:16:00 EST 2009

I just spent some time struggling with this macro so I wanted to post an
example. Maybe this can be used to expand on the documentation.

First you need to collect all the headers on which you want to run moc:

set (FOO_MOC_HEADERS foo_header.h)

Next, you pass these headers to the qt4_wrap_cpp macro. You *also* pass
a variable which will be populated with paths to the .cpp files
generated by moc:

qt4_wrap_cpp (FOO_MOC_OUTFILES ${FOO_MOC_HEADERS})

Finally, you include the generated .cpp files generated by moc with your
application/library:

add_library (foo SHARED ${FOO_SOURCE_FILES} ${FOO_MOC_OUTFILES})

The process is pretty simple, but deciphering that process was confusing
to me so I hope this simple example is helpful.

tyler