[CMake] Question about static library linking

Jonathan Fillion jfillion at gallium.com
Mon Feb 2 14:36:55 EST 2009

Hi all,

We're trying to setup cmake to compile our libaries over here and I have
a simple question that I can't seem to find the answer to.

I have a dynamic library A that depends on a static library B which in
turns needs another static library C. Now,

in B's CMakeList.txt:

LINK_DIRECTORIES(/path/to/c)

TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(C)

in A's CMakeList.txt:

LINK_DIRECTORIES(/path/to/b)

TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(B)

When I try to compile A, it does try to link with C (ie, I see '-lC'
when I put CMake in verbose mode), so it tracks the dependency, but
unfortunately it does not put C's link path (ie, it misses the
-L/path/to/c).

Note that 'C' is an external library (libjpeg in this case...).

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers

Jonathan