[CMake] Missing DLL Message

Allen Barnett allen at transpireinc.com
Wed Dec 23 08:47:59 EST 2009

Hi: Our nightly build system checks out the head of our SVN repository,
configures it with CMake, builds and runs the CTest tests and sends the
results to CDash. Recently, I committed a change which required a new
shared library to be present for the CTest test programs. However, the
DLL did not exist on the windows machine where the nightly tests are
run. The output from the tests were shown in CDash simply as:

<b>Test Output</b>

That's all; there was no other output. Someone subsequently logged into
the windows test box and ran the tests manually and got the usual pop-up
dialog that the DLL was missing. Is it possible to make CTest/CDash
report missing DLL runtime errors to the console so that they are
captured and reported in the log?

Thanks,
Allen

--