[CMake] using cmake to install dlls into windows/system32

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 03:09:45 EST 2009

2009/12/18 James Zipperer <james.zipperer at modsystems.com>:
> After  a lot of trial and error and some rtfm work, I figured out a way to
> do it.  The UpgradeDLL macro I mentioned below appears to be out of date and
> the preferred method is now InstallLib.  It appears to handle DLL versioning
> and usage counting.  Note: I could be wrong, I’ve been at this problem for
> about a day now.
>

> Here’s the hack solution I came up with:
>

> 1. Modify NSIS.template.in to include Library.nsh:

I would say that if you have a specific behavior which is not configurable
with the CMake provided NSIS.template.in
you'll better craft your own NSIS.template.in
which may contain as much specificities as you need.

I mean not only adding "include Library.nsh" but whatever
other NSIS installer code you need.

Then after that if the "install driver DLL" thing is of general
interest may be you can report a bug and propose a generic
modification of the mainstream NSIS.template.in  provided with cmake.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org