[CMake] Cpack Component and NSIS shortcut

Benoit benpaka.spam at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 12:24:07 EST 2009

Hy,

I think there is a small bug in Cpack or maybe i didn't find the good
features.
I'm using cpack to pack my project (for windows)... and i wanted to use the
same install for my server and client.
Therefore I have check the CPACK_COMPONENT_xxx tutorial which is really
intersting http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Component_Install_With_CPack
However it is impossible to combine the component with the classic
CPACK_PACKAGE_EXECUTABLES because the shortchut is created even if the
component is not installed.

------------
for example with:
SET(CPACK_COMPONENT_CLIENT_DISPLAY_NAME "My Client")
SET(CPACK_COMPONENT_SERVER_DISPLAY_NAME "My Server")
SET(CPACK_COMPONENT_SERVER_DISABLED TRUE)

SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_EXECUTABLES
      "ExecClient" ${CPACK_COMPONENT_CLIENT_DISPLAY_NAME}
     "ExecServer" ${CPACK_COMPONENT_SERVER_DISPLAY_NAME})

I install only the client (by default) and I have two shortcuts (client and
server)

So i think it is just a simple bug but i don't know how to correct it :(
Someone can help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

--
Benoit RAT