[CMake] cmake -E create_symlink for Windows

Michael Wild themiwi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 08:41:07 EST 2009

On 14. Dec, 2009, at 14:29 , Marcel Loose wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-12-14 at 08:23 -0500, Bill Lorensen wrote:
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbolic_link#Cygwin_symbolic_links
>>

> OK, that puts us back at square one.
>
> Why is it that CMake cannot use Windows shortcuts as an alternative to
> Unix symbolic links, whereas Cygwin can?
>
> Best regards,
> Marcel Loose.

Because somebody has to implement it ;-). And then I'm not sure that the tool-chain (i.e. compilers etc.) will be able to handle Windows-shortcuts. Does anybody know, or has visual studio available to try it out, whether e.g. CL.exe and RC.exe can handle Windows-shortcuts? What about MINGW, GnuWin32 and Intel compilers?

Michael