[CMake] How to generate xcodeproj file correctly for Xcode?

DONG Li dongli2020 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 06:07:06 EST 2009

Hi all,

I am trying move my project from Linux to Mac. I have modified some cmake files to successfully generate Makefile, but I'd like generate xcodeproj file for use in Xcode. A few errors appeared, as following:

1.  Fortran compiler
In the command line output of running "cmake -G Xcode ../<project src>", I can see that the Fortran compiler is 32-bit

-- Checking whether /opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/076/bin/ia32/ifort supports Fortran 90
-- Checking whether /opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/076/bin/ia32/ifort supports Fortran 90 -- yes

but when I built project in Xcode, I found the actual Fortran compiler is "/Developer/usr/local/bin/ifort-11.1-base/bin/intel64/ifort". It is so strange. Why is that?

2.  Fortran flags
I have added "-r8" to CMAKE_Fortran_FLAGS. It took effect when generating Makefile, but not when generating xcodeproj.

3. include path and module path are not correct.

Thanks for help!

DONG Li