[CMake] Reading c-style preprocessor macros

Daniel Stonier d.stonier at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 03:37:10 EST 2009

I've been digging through the documentation, but I cannot seem to find
anything which can read the value of a c style defined macro into a cmake
variable.

There's CheckSymbolExists, but that just flags the resulting cmake variable
as true or false. It doesn't actually read the definition into the
variable.

I also checked FindBoost to see how they grab boost's version number - seems
the do a file read and a regex on the resulting value.

Is there an easy way to do this? I would have thought it would have been
fairly common functionality - for instance, to gather information about
posix options.

Regards,
Daniel.