[CMake] Can cmake generate Visual Studio projects without generating a makefile?

Mark Jones mark.jones1112 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 07:26:37 EST 2009

Hi David,

The documentation for add_custom_command seems to imply that it will only
add a build command and not replace a build command.  The way that I
interpret this is that cmake will generate a vcproj that executes my custom
build command (gmake) that I add using add_custom_command but will also
attempt to build the project in the normal Visual Studio fashion by calling
the C++ compiler (CL.exe) directly.

Am I misreading it?

Mark