[CMake] CTest ignoring custom set variables

Martin Apel martin.apel at simpack.de
Fri Dec 11 03:58:52 EST 2009

Hi all,

I tried to set some CTest custom variables such as
CTEST_CUSTOM_MAXIMUM_FAILED_TEST_OUTPUT_SIZE in the CTestCustom.cmake
file in the binary directory.
This works as long as I run ctest interactively, e.g. "ctest -D
Experimental". In this case, the test output is not cut off. If I do the
same using a CTest script, it seems the CTestCustom.cmake file
is completely ignored, so the test output is cut off at the default
value of 1024 characters.
 Is this intended behaviour or is it a bug? It seems to work, if I enter
the variable settings into the script file, but that's not the way its
documented to work.

Regards,

Martin