[CMake] externalproject sanity check

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Wed Dec 9 13:51:45 EST 2009

ExternalProject should be suitable... in addition to specifying the
SOURCE_DIR, also specify:
DOWNLOAD_COMMAND ""
BUILD_IN_SOURCE 1

In general, with ExternalProject_Add, if there is a build step that you are
trying to suppress, set its corresponding _COMMAND to the empty string...
Setting the command overrides any built in default behavior, and setting it
to the empty string means "do nothing" for that step.

I'm not sure what would be doing the clean that you're talking about...
Could you provide an example call to ExternalProject_Add that demonstrates
this problem...?

Thanks,
David