[CMake] local build misses ccmake on IBM cell ppc64

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed Dec 9 11:50:38 EST 2009

Gao, Yi wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> Finally I made it work.... seems that by setting the environment vars:
> CPPFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, LDFLAGS, and LD_LIBRARY_PATH (I haven't made sure
> which actually do the work and which are redundant, so I just th ),
> configure will find the ncurses in local dir:
> /home/gaoyi/usr/local/include/ncurses. So it will ask the subsequent
> make process to make ccmake. However, during make, the
> ncurses/ncurses.h is not found when compiling
> Source/CurseDialog/form/form.h
>
> After trying different things, finally I just copy ncurses/ dir under
> Source/CurseDialog/form/
>
> which finally solve the problem.... the libs are correctly linked
> which means the ld is working correctly...
>
> ok I can use ccmake now.
>
> Thanks for your suggestions!

Sorry I did not get back to you, glad you got it working.  However, the
right way to do this would be to edit the CMakeCache.txt file in the
build tree of CMake and fill in the values for ncurses.   You should not
have to mess with compiler flags like that.  You can also try setting
this environment variable to
CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH /home/gaoyi/usr/local/.

See this blog entry :
http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3800

-Bill