[CMake] CMake 2.8.0 built on OS X crashes on Startup.

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Sat Dec 5 11:12:42 EST 2009

> It would be nice to have a function allowing one to override/extend
> the default choice (which AFAIK is determined by asking otool about
> link-dependencies). Perhaps something like this:
>
> set_external_framework_properties(
>   ${QT_QTGUI_LIBRARY} PROPERTIES
>   REQUIRE Resources/qt_menu.nib DESTINATION <APP_BUNDLE>/Resources
>   REQUIRE Versions/Current/Headers DESTINATION <FRAMEWORK>
>   )
>
> which sets a few directory properties which then are used by
> fixup_bundle_item from the BundleUtilities for customizing the copied
> framework. The <APP_BUNDLE> and <FRAMEWORK> strings could resolve to
> the application-bundle being fixed up and the framework bundle
> directory, respectively.

I'd prefer a default behavior that would work most of the time.
I realize people can stuff whatever they want into a Framework, but some
things are standard, and Resources is one of the standard ones, so I
think that one should be fixed without having to make any changes to a
user's CMakeLists.txt file.

Also, some frameworks that BundleUtilities would copy aren't necessarily
known by cmake during link time, nor specified in any CMakeLists.txt file.

Clint