[CMake] Source file symlinks on out-of-source builds

Rodolfo Lima rodolfo at rodsoft.org
Fri Dec 4 06:32:12 EST 2009

Michael Wild escreveu:
> I once wrote a cmake-macro which created these symlink trees (only for
> the headers, though). It was a huge PITA. With such symlink trees you
> can never be really sure that they are consistent with the source tree.

I think I'm convinced now. The truth is: I've always worked with
in-source build trees (always == 15+ years), having changed to
out-of-source like 3 weeks ago because of the usual issues of the
former. It's a little difficult to change 15+ years habits but I think I
have now good reasons and tools to help.

Best regards,
Rodolfo Lima