[CMake] set directory for object file generation

Voisard, Shane S CIV NSWCDD, K54 christopher.voisard at navy.mil
Thu Dec 3 16:08:02 EST 2009

Is there a way to set the directory that cmake (2.8) uses for object file generation?  I haven't found an online resource for this.

There is a difference when we build the same project on a Windows vs. Linux platform.

On WIN32, cmake creates '<PROJ_NAME>/<PROJ_NAME>.dir/ directory for object files.

On UNIX, cmake creates '<PROJ_NAME>/<PROJ_NAME>.dir/ENTIRE/ABS/PATH/TO/<PROJ_NAME> directory for object files.

The problem is that the resulting directory on the Linux platform is 15 dirs deep, and the majority of them are empty.

Thanks,
Shane Voisard