[CMake] cmake 2.8.0, FindGTK2 on mac

Aleksander Demko ademko at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 13:27:14 EST 2009

I can't seem to get FindGTK2 working under a Mac. I've installed the
latest shipping library for mac from gtk.org, and even with a
CMakeLists.txt file that has nothing but "FIND_PACKAGE(GTK2)", I get
the following errors:

CMake Error at /Applications/CMake
2.8-0.app/Contents/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindGTK2.cmake:93 (file):
  file Internal CMake error when trying to open file:
  /Library/Frameworks/Gtk.framework/Headers/gtk/gtk/gtkversion.h for reading.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /Applications/CMake
2.8-0.app/Contents/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindGTK2.cmake:467
(_GTK2_GET_VERSION)
  CMakeLists.txt:2 (FIND_PACKAGE)

-- Some or all of the gtk libraries were not found.  (missing:
GTK2_GTK_LIBRARY GTK2_GLIB_LIBRARY GTK2_GDK_LIBRARY)

There seems to be one extra gtk/ in the above path. I'm new to mac
development, but it seems there are some interesting path
manipulations that are done when searching for header files in
framework directories. I'm just not sure how to go about fixing this.

Any ideas would be super.

Thanks!