[CMake] Unable to run cmake using absoft f95 Fortran compiler

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Aug 31 12:55:37 EDT 2009

venugopal gudimetla wrote:
> I am using CMake 2.6.4 on Linux 64 bit platform. We are using absoft f95
> compiler. I am trying to build cgns3.0 which uses CMake for building the
> package.

FYI, to my knowledge no one has ever used CMake with that compiler.
We need to teach CMake about the compiler's flags.

> Now when I enable Fortran  and try running cmake, I get the following
> error :
>
> -- The Fortran compiler identification is GNU
                                            ^^^

Is the compiler derived from a GNU compiler?  Somehow its preprocessor
claims that the compiler is GNU.  Do you know if the compiler documents
a preprocessor symbol to identify it?

>   ERROR: Unrecognized arguments: -rdynamic
>
> could someone please help me how to circumvent this problem/error? I
> also tried setting
> set(CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_Fortran_Flags "") but it didn't help me.

The workaround is:

set(CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_LINK_Fortran_FLAGS "")

> I also saw one similar problem which said that this problem occurs when
> the system has multiple Fortran compilers. Is it true?

I don't think that has anything to do with it.

-Brad