[CMake] cmake on Snow Leopard

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Aug 31 10:38:24 EDT 2009

On 8/30/09 8:26 PM, Celil Rufat said:

>CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES  i386
>CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT /Developer/SDKs/android-sdk-mac_x86-1.5_r2
>
>Hmm, the last variable is strange. I don't know why it is detecting my
>android installation as the system root. I will try to delete it, and test
>again.

CMake's detection should probably be more robust, I'd suggest filing a
bug suggesting that it only consider .sdk folders.

OTOH, Mike is right that all of /Developer is Apple-only.  No other
software should be installing anything in there.

>I think the problem is in the fact that Snow Leopard no longer supports
>powerpc binaries and cmake is still trying to build my application as
>universal binaries instead of just building intel binaries.

The compilers included in 10.6 can still build 4-way universal binaries
(ppc32, ppc64, intel32, intel64).  10.6 however cannot _run_ on a PowerPC.

I've been using CMake in 10.6 for over a year, and it's been (basically)
trouble free.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com