[CMake] Possible to clean files of one target library only?

Timothy M. Shead tshead at sandia.gov
Wed Aug 19 13:54:18 EDT 2009

Jörg Förstner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if I execute 'make clean', then all object files of the whole project
> are removed.
>
> Now I would like to clean only object files belonging to one
> target/library, to force rebuilding this library.
> How can I do this?
>
> Best Regards,
> Joerg

If you are using CMake to generate makefiles, you can run "make clean"
in a subdirectory of your build tree, and make will only remove the
files for that directory - you can use this to do library-specific
cleaning, provided that you've organized your sources so each library
has its own directory.

Cheers,
Tim