[CMake] Problem getting bootstrap to enable Fortran and JAVA

Kotcher, Danny kotcherd at bettis.gov
Tue Aug 18 12:45:06 EDT 2009

Hello

I bootstrapped cmake on a x86_64 Linux cluster and have been doing C++
successfully.

When attempting a Fortran project, I got the message:

"CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may
not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_COMPILER_ENV_VAR"

I bought the book, and section 11.2 tells me that "project (f Fortran) "
enables Fortran.  Where is the project command specified?  Is it in the
"--init=FILE" file passed to bootstrap?  What is the format of that
file?

thank you

Dan