[CMake] Problem using find_library() for Mac frameworks

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Thu Aug 13 07:28:22 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 1:18 AM, Michael Wild <themiwi at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 13. Aug, 2009, at 1:14, Calder Coalson wrote:
>
>  I have been torturing myself over the following short bit of code all
>> day to no avail, so I'm sending out an email to this list in the hopes
>> that someone can catch whatever stupid mistake I'm making.  The code,
>> which is supposed to find two dependencies for a project is run using
>> find_package(MacDeps) from my main script.
>>
>> set(CMAKE_FIND_FRAMEWORK
>>        /Library/Frameworks
>>        /System/Library/Frameworks
>>        ~/Library/Frameworks
>> )
>>

> This is invalid. Allowed values for CMAKE_FIND_FRAMEWORK are FIRST, LAST,
> ONLY and NEVER. See http://cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake2.6docs.html#command
> :find_library

So just get rid of that set CMAKE_FIND_FRAMEWORK. The find_library should be
able to find frameworks in the default locations without any special help --
it would only need special help if there were conflicting non-framework
versions of the same libraries in other default library locations...

HTH,
David