[CMake] Linking against OS X Frameworks

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Tue Aug 11 08:59:13 EDT 2009

On 8/10/09 4:32 PM, ML said:

>SET (CMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.4)

Michael previously directed you to bug #6195, did you read it?  As it
says, that requires CMake CVS.

>but I am still getting warnings like:
>In file included from FSCopyObject.h:53,
>                  from FSCopyObject.c:48:
>/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/
>CoreServices.framework/Headers/CoreServices.h:20:6: error: #error 64-
>bit not supported
>In file included from /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/System/Library/
>Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/CoreFoundation.h:12,
>                  from /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/System/Library/
>Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/
>Headers/CarbonCore.h:20,
>                  from /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/System/Library/
>Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Headers/CoreServices.h:24,
>                  from FSCopyObject.h:53,
>                  from FSCopyObject.c:48:
>
>What am I missing now?

As I said in my last reply, the 10.4 SDK does not support 64 bit
development.  You are explicitly telling CMake to use the 10.4 SDK and
you are also, explicitly or implicitly, telling it to build as 64 bit.
Those two things are not compatible.

I suspect you are using 10.6, right?  I'm fairly certain I know the
cause of your problem, but as I also said, discussing 10.6 in public is
not allowed.  Try again in 10.5 or reread the 10.6 Release Notes.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com