[CMake] Checking Disk space with Cmake

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 03:16:29 EDT 2009

2009/8/11 avner cohen <avcoh at yahoo.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to set a rule/command/somthing, that will be executed with every build (even if cmake files are not touched) to check for DiskSpace available before starting the build.

I think you currently have no mean to ensure that some
command/target/something will be run first, however you can

1) create a custom target

    add_custom_target(CheckDisk  <your_check_disk_command>
                           COMMENT "Check available disk space before build")

2) then add this target as a dependency for ALL other target you add
ADD_LIBRARY, ADD_EXECUTABLE etc...

     add_executable(blah blah.c)
     add_dependencies(blah CheckDisk)

> In case of error, I'd like the build to exit ofcourse.

If the specified <your_check_disk_command> fails the build should stop.
Example project working with a pseudo checkdisk.sh, bash script attached.

Note that add_custom_target may use the ALL option which would force the target
to be run for EVERY build, but I don't know WHEN the target will be launched.

May be CMake developer can tell us when a ALLed add_custom_target will
be run? May be it will be run first if it is the first specified target in the
top level CMakeLists.txt??

--
Erk
http://www.april.org