[CMake] cmake under OpenBSD: rpath support misconfigured

Frank Mertens frank at cyblogic.de
Fri Aug 7 12:20:19 EDT 2009

Brad King wrote:
> Frank Mertens wrote:
>> I started using cmake (2.6.3) under OpenBSD (4.5) and found it unwillingly to link my software correctly.
>> The issue had been described some time ago: http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2006-November/011851.html.
>> I figured out that cmake-2.6.3/Modules/Platform/NetBSD.cmake contains some meaningful (and functional!)
>> configuration while OpenBSD.cmake is empty.
>> The solution was simple: cp NetBSD.cmake OpenBSD.cmake.
>> I think those two files can be kept safely identical.
>
> Currently OpenBSD.cmake has this line:
>
>   SET_PROPERTY(GLOBAL PROPERTY FIND_LIBRARY_USE_OPENBSD_VERSIONING 1)
>
> The property is documented as:
>
>  FIND_LIBRARY_USE_OPENBSD_VERSIONING
>   Whether FIND_LIBRARY should find OpenBSD-style shared libraries.
>
>   This property is a boolean specifying whether the FIND_LIBRARY command
>   should find shared libraries with OpenBSD-style versioned extension:
>   ".so.<major>.<minor>".  The property is set to true on OpenBSD and
>   false on other platforms.
>
> Does this apply to NetBSD also?
>
> FYI, a given platform is officially supported only if someone
> contributes a nightly build/test submission to our quality
> dashboard:
>
>   http://www.cdash.org/CDash/index.php?project=CMake
>
> If you have spare computing resources at night that can be
> spent testing CMake on OpenBSD, we will be happy to get you
> set up and to support the platform.

I'm running OpenBSD on a freshly refurbishes office server.
It does currently nothing else than running tests for my
inhouse needs. Give me the pointers and I set it up as testing
client for cmake, too.

Being new to ctest, I skimmed through "CMake Testing With CTest"
and triggered "make test". It already passes 99% of all tests
with cmake 2.6.3.

--
Frank