[CMake] cmake under OpenBSD: rpath support misconfigured

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Aug 7 09:44:33 EDT 2009

Frank Mertens wrote:
> I started using cmake (2.6.3) under OpenBSD (4.5) and found it unwillingly to link my software correctly.
> The issue had been described some time ago: http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2006-November/011851.html.
> I figured out that cmake-2.6.3/Modules/Platform/NetBSD.cmake contains some meaningful (and functional!)
> configuration while OpenBSD.cmake is empty.
> The solution was simple: cp NetBSD.cmake OpenBSD.cmake.
> I think those two files can be kept safely identical.

Currently OpenBSD.cmake has this line:

  SET_PROPERTY(GLOBAL PROPERTY FIND_LIBRARY_USE_OPENBSD_VERSIONING 1)

The property is documented as:

 FIND_LIBRARY_USE_OPENBSD_VERSIONING
  Whether FIND_LIBRARY should find OpenBSD-style shared libraries.

  This property is a boolean specifying whether the FIND_LIBRARY command
  should find shared libraries with OpenBSD-style versioned extension:
  ".so.<major>.<minor>".  The property is set to true on OpenBSD and
  false on other platforms.

Does this apply to NetBSD also?

FYI, a given platform is officially supported only if someone
contributes a nightly build/test submission to our quality
dashboard:

  http://www.cdash.org/CDash/index.php?project=CMake

If you have spare computing resources at night that can be
spent testing CMake on OpenBSD, we will be happy to get you
set up and to support the platform.

-Brad