[CMake] InstallRequiredSystemLibraries.cmake and Redistribution of the shared C runtime component in Visual C++

James Bigler jamesbigler at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 15:01:02 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 12:10 PM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>wrote:

> James Bigler wrote:
>

>> Well, I was using VS 2005 64 bit with SP 1.  I wonder if there is a
>> similar bug or if there is something else going wrong such as what Marcus
>> Hanwall described.
>>

> I am not sure what your issue is, but I know I have done this many times...
>
> -Bill

I checked the version numbers of the DLLs, and even checked the md5sum and
everything was the same between the dlls in the WinSxS folder and the ones
I'm distributing.  It failed on two clean systems without the vcredist
install.  I guess I'll run vcredist as Microsoft suggests and see if I can
trouble shoot later.

It is a rather perplexing problem.

Thanks,
James