[CMake] Obj in Debug and Release

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Tue Aug 4 06:25:56 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 11:34 AM, Pierre-Julien
Villoud<PVilloud at movea.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>

> I’m using CMake 2.6 with C++ projects. I would like object files to be built
> in a distinct directory if the configuration is Debug or Release.
>
> As I understood, obj files are written in CMakefiles/ProjectName.dir. Is is
> possible to be CMakeFiles/ProjectName.dir/${CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE} ??
>

> Thanks in advance

What platform (operating system and compiler) are you using?

What you ask for is what the VC++ generator will do by default. For
gcc you'll need to create two different build directories, one for
release, one for debug. Are you using anything else?

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org