[CMake] Unix Makefiles can not find some project files

Mike Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Thu Sep 25 13:13:32 EDT 2008

I started down the path of using Unix Makefiles on Windows. Here is
what I have done so far. I downloaded the GnuWin32 files to my PC. I
edited the .bat file that launches GnuWin32 shell and added the Visual
Studio 2008 vsvars.bat file. I open a new GnuWin32 shell and type
cl.exe and get the compiler. Great. I launch cmake-gui.exe from this
same shell to get Cmake up and create a new build directory selecting
Unix Makefiles as my generator. Everything configures and generates
without errors.
   I start compiling and my main library compiles fine but the when
the first "test" starts to compile I get the following:

[ 80%] Building CXX object Testing/CMakeFiles/BmpIOTest.dir/BmpIOTest.obj
cd C:/Workspace/MXADataModel/Build/Testing && "C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual
 Studio 9.0/VC/bin/cl.exe"   /nologo /DWIN32 /D_WINDOWS /W3 /Zm1000 /EHsc /GR /D
_DEBUG /MDd /Zi /Ob0 /Od /RTC1 -IC:/Workspace/MXADataModel/src -IC:/Workspace/MX
ADataModel/Build -IC:/Developer/VS9/boost/include/boost-1_36 -IC:/Developer/VS9/
expat/include -IC:/Developer/VS9/hdf5-166/include -IC:/Developer/VS9/tiff/includ
e   -DMXA_BUILT_AS_DYNAMIC_LIB /TP /FoCMakeFiles/BmpIOTest.dir/BmpIOTest.obj /Fd
C:/Workspace/MXADataModel/Build/Bin/BmpIOTest.pdb -c C:/Workspace/MXADataModel/s
rc/Testing/BmpIOTest.cpp
make[2]: *** [Testing/CMakeFiles/BmpIOTest.dir/BmpIOTest.obj] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `C:/Workspace/MXADataModel/Build'
make[1]: *** [Testing/CMakeFiles/BmpIOTest.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Workspace/MXADataModel/Build'
make: *** [all] Error 2

All the files seem to be in place. Not really sure how to interpret
what is going on. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Mike Jackson