[CMake] qt standalone project : static link or dll copy (and how to do it?)

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Thu Sep 25 09:09:31 EDT 2008

The following is what I use. There may be better methods or methods
that are now built into CMake 2.6.x that I am unaware of.

#
# This CMake code installs the needed support libraries on NON OSX
platforms
#

INCLUDE (InstallRequiredSystemLibraries)

# ---------- Find/Install the needed Qt4 libraries.
SET (QTLIBLIST QtCore QtGui)
IF(NOT Q_WS_MAC)
   FOREACH(qtlib ${QTLIBLIST})
     IF (WIN32)
       GET_FILENAME_COMPONENT(QT_DLL_PATH_tmp ${QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE}
PATH)
       INSTALL(FILES ${QT_DLL_PATH_tmp}/${qtlib}d4.dll
           DESTINATION bin
           CONFIGURATIONS Debug
           COMPONENT Runtime)
       INSTALL(FILES ${QT_DLL_PATH_tmp}/${qtlib}4.dll
           DESTINATION bin
           CONFIGURATIONS Release
           COMPONENT Runtime)
     ENDIF (WIN32)