[CMake] Eclipse CDT 4 Generator crashes reproducable in case of out-of-source-builds

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Thu Sep 25 08:57:16 EDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 8:03 AM, Thomas Veith <veith.th at googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hi *,
>
> with cmake 2.6.1 using the Eclipse CDT Generator I get reproducable
> crashes:
>
>    std::string outputPath = mf->GetDefinition("EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH");

This bug was fixed in one of the early CMake 2.6.2 Release Candidates.  You
can download the latest RC from this directory, or wait for 2.6.2 final.

http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.6/

I believe the fix was to replace GetDefinition with GetSafeDefinition.
EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH stopped being defined by default when cmake minimum
version is set to 2.6, so anyone referring to it with GetDefinition() would
crash.

--
Philip Lowman