[CMake] cmake 2.6.2 RC 5

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Mon Sep 22 18:12:31 EDT 2008

On 2008-09-22 16:44-0400 Bill Hoffman wrote:

> [...]this bug is a bit of a corner case.  Most projects just enable all the
> languages as the top of the project.  In this case, no one could have a
> project that depends on this working because it never worked. However, I will
> try to get to it soon.

Thanks, Bill, for giving this bug #4772 fix a "soon" priority since it does
directly impact PLplot users.

ENABLE_LANGUAGE is a necessity for PLplot since we have multiple optional
language bindings.  (If we put, e.g., Fortran in our PROJECT statement, we
would exclude all our users that don't have a Fortran compiler available
even if they didn't care about those particular language bindings for
PLplot.)

As a result of this bug I have had to recommend to our PLplot users that
they should not use build types (which depend on the compiler flags that are
not correctly set as a result of this ENABLE_LANGUAGE bug) and instead
specify compiler flags directly using, e.g.,

FC='gfortran -g'

I look forward to your bug fix which should make build types work properly
for the first time on the Linux platform for PLplot (and all other projects
that use ENABLE_LANGUAGE).

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).