[CMake] Customizing target locations with VS generator

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Sun Sep 21 22:26:04 EDT 2008

Armin Berres wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Sep 08 12:28, cyril_wobow wrote:
>> This is great but I would really love to find a way to remove that
>> $(OutDir) from the way, so that all my targets are put into the same
>> directory, not depending on the build config. There is no possible
>> filename clash since all my targets have different suffixes.
>>
>> Is there a simple solution to my problem?
>
> I have exactly the same issue.
> I'd love to see a solution for this problems, because it is a bit nasty
> to work around this manually.

If you did that, you would have to remove the ability to build multiple
configurations at the same time.   You might be better off using nmake.
  There are ways to deal with the config directory, but you really do
need it if you are going to use that IDE and be able to specify debug or
release from the IDE.  I know it is a bit foreign to a unix developer,
but even Xcode has the same notion of a config directory.

-Bill