[CMake] CTest and multiple platform configurations

Clemens Arth clemens.arth at gmx.at
Fri Sep 19 02:47:35 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm currently trying to set up ctest to work with multiple
configurations. One issue I came across is the way of using ctest with
different platform configurations. For example, my configuration does
not only include Release|Win32 and Debug|Win32, but also Release|Pocket
PC 2003 (ARMV4) and Debug|Pocket PC 2003 (ARMV4). The natural way of
compiling it from the commandline is to use a command like

C.\source>devenv.exe source.sln /build "Release|Pocket PC 2003 (ARMV4)"
/project someproject

This works well and it compiles everything for the correct platform
configuration. I thought it should also do in a CTestConfig.cmake, using
such a setup:

SET (CTEST_COMMAND "ctest.exe -C \"Release|Pocket PC 2003 (ARMV4)\" -D
Experimental" )

SET (CTEST_INITIAL_CACHE "
SVNCOMMAND:FILEPATH=C:/cygwin/bin/svn.exe
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=Release|Pocket PC 2003 (ARMV4)
BUILDNAME:STRING=WinCE
")

Unfortunately it does not compile the correct configuration, but always
sticks back to the standard (first) platform configuration. Is this a
bug (or a not implemented feature), or am I simply using it the wrong
way? I'll anyway have a look at the cmake sources again to find out...

Regards
Clemens