[CMake] /machine not set for static libraries in 64 bit VS

James Bigler jamesbigler at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 18:57:34 EDT 2008

Has anyone else noticed that CMake doesn't set the /machine:x64 flag
for static libraries when building 64 bit binaries?  It sets it for
shared libraries.  Somehow, VS seems to compile the attached test
program, but when I tried this on a larger project it assumed that the
library was 32 bit instead of 64 and didn't compile.

When I made an NMake build it compiled, but it gave the same warning
stating that /machine wasn't specified, but that it assumed a 64 bit
build (It guess right this time).

CMake 2.6.0
VS 8 2005
WinXP Pro 64