[CMake] Clearing all cmake files

Wookey wookey at wookware.org
Tue Sep 9 12:14:21 EDT 2008

On 2008-09-09 10:42 -0400, Robert Kubrick wrote:

> No you're right, the CMakeLists.txt is the only file I need to keep.
> In facts I store that under source control.
>
> I think it would be useful to have a command to clobber the whole
> cmake hierarchy for when you need to prepare a distribution, change
> the compiler settings or clear some conflicts in the build tree. It
> does happen, especially during the project initial setup.

I'd second this. I had huge problems getting cross-building to work
until I realised that it was vital to delete CMakeCache.txt after
every change. Without doing that any changes you make to CmakeLists.txt
or your TOOLCHAIN file (or FIND modules) simply don't make any difference.

I don't understand why Cmake doesn't have an implicit dependency of
CMakeCache on CMakeLists.txt and the file specified by -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN

If either of these have changed then the cache file is out of date,
but Cmake still uses it unless you delete it. I assume there is some
good reason for this behaviour, can someone explain it to me.
Currently it seems somewhere between unhelpful and wrong.

Wookey
--
Principal hats:  Balloonz - Toby Churchill - Aleph One - Debian
http://wookware.org/