[CMake] Visual Studio dependency/auto-install help

Sam Baker sam.baker at bigfishgames.com
Fri Oct 31 14:58:53 EDT 2008

When generating MSVS solutions, is there a way to make all library
projects automatically build the solution's INSTALL project when done?

I have a game executable and a bunch of DLLs in my solution. When my
game builds, I have a post-build step that copies the exe file and the
library DLLs to the folder where I execute the game and where I have my
art assets that the game loads.

Of course the post build step is on the exe so it only triggers if the
EXE links, which doesn't happen if the DLLs rebuild without changing the
interface. So a simple solution is to run the exe from the install
target folder and have each library run the INSTALL build after linking,
which would copy the library and I could rerun my EXE and it will load
the new DLL.

I hope that makes sense - I'm sure there's a simple way to solve this;
help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam

Big Fish Games, Inc. A New Game Every Day!